Almost every business knows the great importance of online presence today. A robust digital presence gives companies a competitive edge in the market, especially when they are competing locally. People always search for services near them to fulfill their individual needs. That’s why every business needs to have a presence on Google Maps Search Results.
Making your business available on Google Maps signifies that there are more chances of your business listings to appear on Google Organic Search. This means that optimizing your company on Google Maps will make sure that your business ranks at the top for local search results. For this reason, it’s essential to know how you can make your business rank higher on Google Maps.
Characteristics like proximity, relevance, distinction, and industry domains are some of the fundamental aspects of Google Maps ranking. Google, on the other hand, has some other vital factors for higher rankings in Google Maps, helping small to medium size businesses primarily benefit from Google my business GMB listings.
Verify Your ‘Google My Business’ Listing
It’s worth noting that Google won’t display your company information on Google Maps until you verify your business listing first. Start by ascertaining each category you may have mentioned in Google. When you have more authority, it’ll help you gain increased GMB ranking in the Search Engine Results Page SERPs.
Also add the following features to your GMB listing:
- Let your potential clients know about your office timings by adding your business operation timings
- Update important information such as an address, telephone number, and website to provide users with accurate information on Google Maps
- Avoid mentioning duplicate details like multiple locations or phone numbers for single located business, instead update precise and to the point data in Google Maps
- Like traditional SEO, Google Maps also utilizes various algorithms to provide search results. It emphasizes keywords and search phrases to rank a business listing. Therefore, it’s imperative to include keywords in your GMB listing
- Last but not least, add photos into your GMB profile to attract more visitors
Get More Google Reviews
Informational and transactional client reviews are increasingly essential snippets present on any webpage. Just like your website, you can also greatly benefit from customer testimonials and reviews on your Google Maps to show them to your new visitors. It has also been observed that Google reviews produce higher conversion rates as compared to other local SEO strategies.
Include Google Map On Your Website
You can also achieve a better rank on Google Maps by including your Google Map location on your webpage. Doing so makes sure Google knows you do operate in the exact location, as mentioned in the GMB profile. Insert your business name to the location so that your target audience can see it easily.
Select Your Business Category Correctly
While claiming your Google Map listing, Google gives you an option to select among the five categories in the GMB profile. It’s vital to use this option effectively, especially the primary group based on the industry in which you operate. Besides choosing the right primary class of your business like a restaurant, also insert local SEO keywords like Edmonton restaurant that may act as additional categories.
Evaluate Your Business Ranking Consistently
After updating your business on GMB listing, you have to evaluate your ranking regularly. If the rank is consistently low, then you should cite your business more often through:
- Inspecting the business citations above you in rankings. Know where their business is listed and add your listing to the same directory
- Make use of link-building services from authoritative web pages to your GMB profile
- Ensure that your business listing is correctly mentioned in Google Maps
- List your business on third-party websites like YellowPages to build strong online presence
- If your business is new, avail citations building services through GMB-savvy firms
Apart from the techniques mentioned above, you should also provide a local contact number in your GMB listing and keep optimizing your main website on a regular basis.
Reach First is an experienced digital marketing firm that helps businesses achieve a strong online presence in the market through excellent SEO services. Visit our website for more information or contact us for customized service.